Use case: image API
You want agents to access your image API
Suppose you have a hypermedia API that offers various operations on images.
You want to enable access for agents that do not have any prior knowledge.
RESTdesc allows you to describe your API to make this possible.
All you need is a lightweight set of semantics that:
- explains the functionality of your API;
- indicates the HTTP requests to achieve this functionality.
Access for generic agents via three questions
The goal is to let a generic agent answer these questions without prior knowledge:
- How to obtain concrete instructions from a RESTdesc description?
- How to interpret hypermedia links and act upon them?
- How to perform planning with RESTdesc descriptions?
Let's get started by answering the first question.